Treat others as you want them to treat you.



I've often thought of myself as a creative person. As a child I tested every form of artwork within my grasp, writing poetry was a favorite pastime, making up plays, attending dance classes, drawing, painting - you name it. In high school I found pottry offered the most satisfatction, and recognition. I'd love to have that kind of experience now, and I'm sure would appreciate it much more, having now established myself in "the real world."
Am I happy? Who really cares, honestly. I'm not really interested in those things making me happy. The short answer is, God yes, I'm happy...roof over my head and family ,relationships. Truly, everything else is icing.
One of my favorite quotes is by Ralph Waldo Emerson, I think. "God gives us a cup of life, but only a drop to fill it."means We've a huge amount of opportunity, and only our smallness to complete it.
It would be silly of me to pinpoint some random goal and decide I'm unhappy unless I reach it, because there is a huge chance I won't make it.
I know, I know, I've read all the self help books too that say things like, "if you want it bad enough, you can have anything."
Not to burst anyone's bubble or ruin careers but this is Blatantly False. But so is the notion you cannot change a few things, or even have huge success at things you try. There is a difference between that and blindly following ridiculous dreams that really just make you miserable.

So, this blog is about that. The creative life, the realistic living of it and my journey, adventures, and missteps along the way.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Wallpapers And News Blog Copyright © 2010 Designed by Imran Yousaf, Sulman Yousaf